On a network polluted by harmonics, the addition of capacitors will amplify the harmonics. In this case, two problems must therefore be solved at the same time : energy compensation and harmonic interference. Our experts can audit your site to analyze its electrical network and its compensation and harmonic problems. We also provide full maintenance services for your existing equipment.
PRESENTATION OF THE REACTIVE ENERGY COMPENSATION
Any electrical machine using alternating current (motor, transformer, etc.) brings into play two forms of energy actin and reactive
The active energy consumed (kWh) results from the active power P (kW) of the receivers. It is fully transformed into mechanical power (work) and heat (losses).
Reactive energy consumed (kvar) is used to supply the magnetic circuits of electrical machines. It corresponds to the apparent power S (kVA) of the receivers, vector sum of P (kW) and Q (kvar).
However, motors, transformers, fluorescent tubes, etc., require reactive power. Consumed beyond a certain threshold, he latter leads to financial penalties when invoiced by STEG.
The installation of capacitor banks allows to:
Reduce the demand in kVA
Eliminate voltage drops
Avoid penalties when invoicing
Increased system power
Have bonuses when invoicing
Improve the efficiency and quality of energy
Less heating of the HV/LV transformer
Automatic and sustainable reduction of energy consumption
Have bonuses when invoicing
Optimization of equipment life (machine tools, etc.)
Less CO₂ rejection (up to 95 kg for each kvar of power factor installed).
The installation of capacitor banks allows to :
- Reduce the demand in kVA
- Eliminate voltage drops
- Avoid penalties when invoicing
- Increased system power
- Get bonuses when invoicing
- Improve the efficiency and quality of energy
- Less heating of the HV/LV transformer
- Automatic and sustainable reduction of energy consumption
- Have bonuses when invoicing
- Optimization of equipment life (machine tools, etc.)
- Less CO₂ rejection (up to 95 kg for each kvar of power factor installed).
Equipment at TGBT level :
- Very economical solution for the investment
- Increase of the power available at the secondary of the transformer
- No reduction in line losses
- No savings in the sizing of electrical equipment.
Equipment at the divisional switchboards :
- Solution perfectly adapted to extended distribution networks
- Reduction of line losses on pipelines from the TGBT
- Economical solution for the investment
- Increase in the power available at the transformer level according to the equipment level of the divisional feeders.
Equipment at load level :
- No voltage drop
- Savings on the sizing of electrical equipment
- Solution may be more expensive at the time of investment.
- Sn : Apparent power of transformer
- Qc : Power of the compensation equipment
- Gh : Apparent power of receivers producing harmonics (variable speed motor, static converter, power electronics, etc.).
On networks polluted by harmonics, the addition of a capacitor amplifies the level of harmonics. In this case, it is therefore imperative to solve both problems simultaneously : energy compensation and harmonic disturbances.
- We also offer complete maintenance services for your existing equipment
- Our experts can perform an audit of your site to analyze its electrical network and its compensation and harmonic problems.
Offered products :
- Anti-harmonic filter
- Static compensation equipments
- Automatic compensation equipments.
PRESENTATION OF HARMONICS
Other equipment (variable speed drives, inverters, arc furnaces, etc.) generate THD-V and THD-I voltage and current distortions which can reduce the operating efficiency of the equipment and cause the following problems :
- Damage to equipments
- Overload of the neutral conductor
- Overheating of transformers
- Damage to capacitor banks.
Harmonic filtering solutions reduce these phenomena. The presence of harmonics in electrical systems means that current and voltage are distorted into sinusoidal waveforms.
THE IMPACTS OF HARMONICS
Disturbances due to harmonics :
- Disruption of communication networks or telephone lines
- Overloading of distribution networks by increasing the active/effective current
- Overload and aging of reactive energy compensation capacitors
- Deformation of the supply voltage that can disrupt sensitive receptors
- Overload of neutral conductors whose current may exceed the current in the phases
- Overload, vibrations and aging of alternators, transformers, motors, humming of transformers.
All these disruptions have an economic impact :
- Unexpected current distortion can lead to nuisance tripping and production shutdown
- Premature aging of equipment means it must be replaced sooner, unless it is oversized from the start
- Overloading the distribution network means greater installed power, an increase in contract power for the industrial customer and increased power losses.
On networks polluted by harmonics, the addition of a capacitor amplifies harmonics. In this case, it is therefore imperative to solve both problems simultaneously : energy compensation and harmonic disturbances. Our experts can carry out an audit of your site to analyze its electrical network and its problems of compensation and harmonics. We also offer complete maintenance services for your existing equipment.